Download latest vRoot 1.7.4 version 220.127.116.1188 from here, here or here.
- This requires a PC.
- No CWM needed.
- This installs a Chinese root manager rather than superuser or superSU. But I will teach you how to replace it below.
- This tool can root also MTK6582 poweered devices, including new Tronsmart TS7.
1. Download the rooting application. (This app can root many other devices)
2. Install the app. This is a Chinese app so I will guide you.
3. Start vRoot 1.7.4 by Androot and root now!
4. Now we need to install SuperSU from play store to replace the Chinese root manager called 授权管理 1.0.4.
5. Go to play store and install SuperSU.
6. Start SuperSU and you will be asked for permission by 授权管理 1.0.4, choose 允许(means allow). (Should be the right side option.)
7. SuperSU will prompt to install SU binary, go ahead with OK and it will display successful.
8. Now, freeze 授权管理 1.0.4 in titanium backup, just in case you need it again.
Note: If you uninstall straight away from app manager, you need to make sure SuperSU updated the binary.
9. Re-run SuperSU to make sure everything is alright. You will be prompt again to install SU binary, just do what it asked.
10. After that, you are rooted with SuperSU and 授权管理 1.0.4 will not be there anymore.
11. If you want to be more assured, in SuperSU app, prepare for a Reinstall in settings. (NOT Full unroot NOT Switch superuser app)
12. SuperSU will be removed and go back to play store to re-download and install.
13. Start SuperSU and SuperSU will prompt to install SU binary, go ahead with OK and it will display successful.
vRoot freeware Update Log
Version 1.7.3 - released on 2013-11-15
1. new millet 3, ZTE U988s, Pantech A880S other models
2. fixes in extreme cases will lift the root successful problem of false positives
Version 1.7.2 - released on 2013-10-29
1. supports the new system 4.3 Samsung S4 (eg I9500, I9505, I959 and other models)
Version 1.7.1 ...
vRoot 1.7.4 Download Overview